Sunday, September 5, 2010

WO-Men At Work


It's always strange doing a "first post" I feel all new, like I've never done this. As you may know my website/blog is taking forever so I decided to start my new home here. By your requests I will be posting a little bit of everything. A little insight to what my day to day consists of.

Now with that being said,  I decided to spend my "Labor" Day Weekend Laboring. That's right I pay myself overtime.  The good thing about working for myself is I can take a break for as long as I want!  I decided to take a break and catch up on my reading.  I recently found this amazing College Bazaar Magazine from 1940!  Will you just look at that cover!  Some of the articles are so outdated and just ridiculous but I get a kick out of reading it.  It's hard to imagine that type of life, and just think if I were born just a couple of decades earlier it would have could have been me.  I'm really grateful to be what I'm doing.





7 comments:

  1. That first step is always the hardest but you did a great job! Look forward to more Yokoo escapades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dressing for a man" did make me giggle. I'm excited for this new endeavour Yokoo. You're my warm accessory of choice come this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talkimg about how I had more magazines in my life...

    JD
    iplayfaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hat, Yokoo! Hope your new blog goes well.
    By the way, are you in Atlanta? I saw a picture of you at the Piedmont Park Modern Art playground, which is one of my favorite hangouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inhteresting person and a true entreprenneur

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new blog :)
    I love reading vintage mags - the ads are often the best part!

    ReplyDelete